Hygge your home this Halloween!
Wednesday, 23 October 2019 | Best Beds Direct
Hygge (pronounced hoo-ga) is a Danish concept, used to describe a feeling of cosy contentment and wellbeing by enjoying the simple things in life. It's no wonder that, year in and year out, Danes are nominated the happiest people in the world!
A hygge lifestyle doesn’t have to equal spending or clutter, either. You just need to look around and use a bit of imagination...
So, without further ado, here’s our top tips for achieving the ultimate in cosy this autumn, whatever your budget.
1. Make sure you’ve got a pair of extra soft slippers by your bed, ready for when you rise every morning… Getting up in the morning is far easier with a pair of these to pop your toes into.
2. Layer up with a cosy cardie or jumper, scarf and a decent jacket when venturing outside, for optimum temperature control... And don’t forget a decent brolly, no one likes feeling soggy!
3. Got some time to yourself? Put your phone on silent, light a scented candle and curl up under a blanket with a good book. (Picture-perfect hearth with roaring fire optional).
4. Fill your tum with something wholesome and warming – like a hearty soup, stew or risotto (give yourself an extra pat on the back, if it’s homemade).
5. Soak in a lovely, hot bubble bath with a herbal tea (and to ward off post-bath chills, have a soft bathrobe to hand for when you finally get out).
6. Awake your inner child with a pumpkin carving session. Not only do they look great on front doorsteps as the night draw in, but the insides can be used to make something yummy for dinner, too… winner, winner, pumpkin-based dinner!
7. Set the heater to a timer for key times of day when you’ll want the house warm for you (not forgetting the cold, dark mornings!) and head to bed early… Slip into some luxurious pyjamas, turn on the electric blanket (if you don’t have one, you’re missing out), slide under a nice, thick duvet (we sleep better under a weighty cover) and turn the lights out... If animals are allowed to sleep through the winter, we should at least get a decent eight hours ourselves!
Finally, if you do feel like spending some of your well-earned money on a few extra pieces to up the Hygge further, why not switch up your home interior by adding autumnal accessories in burnt orange, maroon, golds and forest greens…
Or, even better, treat yourself to a lovely, new mattress! This month our customers are loving the Assenza and the Mlily Harmony 3000. We've got loads of lovely products both online and in our Thetford showroom.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with our friendly team.
Find us at;